23 November 2014 update: As it turns out, tweaking a simple modern design built around Jekyll is really easy. I’m glad that building sites with Dreamweaver is no longer a thing.

It’s apparently more difficult to get a nice design using Photoshop, Imageready and Dreamweaver than one might think. I’ve spent hours today redoing the same design so that I can get it to look reasonable at most resolutions and allow for large pictures in stuff like the gallery. Everything seems to fit together okay now and even passes XHTML 1.0 Transitional specifications.

It passes XHTML 1.1 also, but Safari refused to render it properly when I changed it to specify that–the same with 1.0 Strict. Nevertheless, I’m pretty happy with the way that it’s turned out. I just have to continue adding stuff back onto the site now.